Craving Erotic Romance...

is a group blog from several sassy erotic romance authors!

Find out about our latest releases, read scintillating interviews on Mondays, beat mid-week blahs with Hump Day Help Wednesdays, and see hot hunks on Fridays. Saturdays are "Open Mike" and full of surprises! And then, there's always our guests...!



Monday, December 29, 2014

Monday's Scintillating Interview with Loralynne Summers!


Welcome to Craving Erotic Romance Blogspot.

Today we’re presenting Author: Loralynne Summers
                                               
1) Have you always wanted to be an author? I don’t know as I’d say that I always wanted to be an author, but I certainly always had a love of reading and storytelling – I have these “books” of stories that we’d write in school, from kindergarten and first grade, that were full of embellishments and exaggerations of actual events.
2) What genre(s) do you write? I initially planned to write fantasy, but it soon became apparent that my muse had other ideas. So my (unfinished) fantasy story became a fantasy romance, and every other story I have started is a romance of one sort or another. I have contemporary, paranormal, and a ménage all in the works.
3)  Have you ever self published? Not yet, but it’s not out of the question for the future.
4) Who or what inspired you to write your first book? I jokingly say that Saranna DeWylde is my muse – and she’s totally okay with that ;). I started reading romance a few years ago, and it was after reading several of her stories that I got the feeling that I wanted to write, even if just for myself. That’s when I began my fantasy story. The rest, as they say, is history, after I opened myself up to the whims of my characters.
5) How many hours in a day might you write? That really depends. I sometimes go for weeks without writing. Other times I will ignore everything in the house that needs doing because the story is screaming so loudly in my head. Right now, however, I’m in one of those dry spells for a very good reason – I had my first child two days after Thanksgiving! He was six weeks premature, so he needs a bit more attention, and I’m still adjusting to functioning on several one- to two-hour naps a day.
6) Are you a plotter or a pantser? Complete pantser! I learned the hard way that I can’t tell my characters what to do. Often as I write, I’ll get a scene in my head, and then I’m like, “okay, so how the hell did we get there?” because I’ll need to figure out the transition scenes/chapters.
7) Do you ever find yourself slipping away and becoming so immersed in your story it affects how you relate to others? No, but I do find myself thinking (daydreaming!) about a story or characters when I’m in one of those periods where I can’t type fast enough.
8) Are you in any of your books? Not overtly, but there are parts of me in many of my characters. For example, like Sarah (the main character from In Self Defense) I too left an abusive relationship and fell in love with my best friend. And like Sarah, that idea terrified me because I was scared of what could happen if things went bad.
9) What do your friends and family have to say about you writing? The ones who know about my writing think that it’s great. My husband has been very supportive of my sudden “need” to write, even though he’s not creatively inclined and doesn’t quite understand the why of it.
10) Please share an excerpt from your book that totally spoke to you when you put the words down on paper. This scene is from after Jason first kisses Sarah, and she is working through her feelings. While I never had a therapist, this conversation mirrors my own feelings that I had when I discovered that my best friend had feelings for me and realized that I had feelings for him in return.

From: In Self Defense:
She sighed. Keeping her head down, she picked at the hem of her skirt as she answered. “Jason kissed me.”
         “I take it this wasn’t a brotherly kiss?”
         “Hell no.” Sarah laughed. “No, it was one of those earth-shattering, soul-blistering kisses, where you forget how to think and can’t breathe and you just drown in the other person.”
         “And this was a problem for you? You said you liked him.”
         “I did. I do.”
         “Did enjoy the kiss? Kiss him back?”
         “Oh yes.”
         “So…?” She let the question hang, waiting for Sarah to answer.
         “He told me he loved me,” she finally whispered.
         “Ah. And that’s what really has you upset. I’m guessing you haven’t spoken about that since?”
Sarah shook her head and wiped a tear from her eye.
“Why does this make you cry?”
         “Because I don’t know what to do.” She finally brought her head up and met the other woman’s gaze across the desk. “I don’t know how I feel. I’ve avoided him all week. He calls or texts me every day, and I don’t know what to say, so I don’t answer.”
         Dr. Long stretched back in her chair, hands folded in her lap. “Here’s what I think. The first thing you told me is that you have come through the whole Alex situation a much stronger person mentally. You didn’t let him get to you. You stood up to him, and for that I am very proud of you. You should be proud of yourself. It’s easy to fall back into old habits when conflict and stress arise.”
Sarah smiled weakly. Her mother had gushed over her on the phone that night, and Jason had been full of praise as well. It had felt so good, so cathartic to hit Alex, unleashing all her anger about everything he’d done to her.
“The second thing you told me is more important,” Dr. Long continued. “When you glossed over what happened at the bar, and focused on the fact that you bought those boots for Jason, and that’s why you were mad they broke, you told me how you feel about Jason. This is huge for you. He’s the first guy you’ve taken an interest in since you started seeing me.”
         “But, I told you already that I like him.”
         “I think it’s much more than just like, Sarah. What happened when he told you he loves you? What did you feel? Tell me.”
         She thought a moment. “I got scared. I panicked. I ran away.”
         “Why?”
         “He’s my best friend. I wouldn’t know what to do without him if we started a relationship and it didn’t work out.”
         “Yet you’ve been without him all week. How has this week gone?”
         She laughed bitterly. “It’s sucked.”
         “Have you figured it out yet, Sarah? Or do I need to spell it out for you?”

11) Which actor/character(s) would play the starring role? Oh that’s a tough one. I kind of pictured Michelle Rodriquez when I was writing Sarah because she’s so badass and has the right kind of attitude, but I’d have to pick Mila Jovovich or Scarlet Johansen for her because she’s Caucasian. For Jason, a slightly more built Jared Padalecki would be perfect.



Find Loralynne on FB: https://www.facebook.com/loralynne.summers.7
Twitter: LL_Summers

Etc. email: loralynnesummers@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment