Welcome to Craving Erotic Romance Blogspot’s Scintillating Monday Interview.
Today we’re presenting Author: Rebecca Brochu!
1) Have you always wanted to be an author?
· I’d have to say that I have deep down. Writing has always been a large part of who I am and has always been something I deeply enjoy
2) What genre(s) do you write?
· I write predominately M/M fiction but beyond my deep love of paranormal romance I’ll write in whatever genre grabs my attention at the time.
3) Have you ever self published?
· No I haven’t.
4) Who or what inspired you to write your first book?
· My very first book was an original story that I played around with in my spare time until I finally mustered up the courage to submit it.
5) How many hours in a day might you write?
· No set number to be honest. I tend to try and write for an hour or so every day but that doesn’t always happen. Sometimes I can spend all day in front of the keyboard and other times I’ll barely be able to string together two sentences.
6) Are you a plotter or a pantser?
· I’m a mix of both but I lean heavily towards flying by the seat of my pants kind of writing. I tend to let my characters grow as we go.
7) Do you ever find yourself slipping away and becoming so immersed in your story it affects how you relate to others?
· Oh yeah, especially if I start working on a story that requires me to do a lot of research. I’ll get so immersed in whatever world I’m building that I’ll spend days bombarding people with random facts.
8) Are you in any of your books?
· Oh I’m in all of them! But if you mean are there any characters that are based on myself I’d have to say not on purpose.
9) What do your friends and family have to say about you writing?
· I’ve actually gotten a lot of support from my friends and family. Even if they don’t all understand or enjoy what I write they’re all extremely supportive.
10) Please share an excerpt from your book that totally spoke to you when you put the words down on paper.
“Are your eyes closed?” Silas asked him quieter than before, softer and gentler.
“Yes Sir.” Jonah felt vulnerable in that moment, in a way he thought he’d left behind a long time ago. To distract himself a bit he let his hands come down to rest on his stomach, let his fingers slide gently over the skin there, but no lower. He didn’t have permission for that yet, after all.
“I’ve got you,” Silas promised almost as if he could tell what Jonah was feeling without even being able to see him. “You’re safe with me remember? You can relax and trust me Jonah. You can trust me to keep you safe, to tell you what to do. You can trust me with all of that. With all of you.”
“I know. I do.” Jonah fought back the swell of emotions in his chest as the mixture of devotion and affection that he always felt towards Silas threatened to burst free. Slowly, deliberately, he inhaled again. Exhaled. Inhaled, exhaled, repeated it until he felt himself even out, felt himself center.
“Good.” Silas said it roughly, voice ragged in a way that let Jonah know just how much his admittance meant to Silas. “I wish I could see you right now. You’re gorgeous Jonah, you know that don’t you? I bet you’re beautiful the way you are right now, laid back on that bed with your eyes closed, cock hard and body open. I bet you’re perfect. I’ve always thought you would be. Ever since the first time I saw you.”
Jonah’s eyes flew open in stunned surprise before he slammed them shut again. Silas’s voice was ragged but honest, deep and thick with that hot, honey drawl that Jonah loved so much.
“You’ve seen me?” The thought that Silas had seen him, knew what he looked like, and so obviously approved, made Jonah feel slightly giddy with a mixture of pride and relief.
“Oh yes.” Silas sounded amused for a moment then. “I’ve seen you many times Jonah. I am your handler after all. I’ve read your file, seen videos. Sometimes I watch you on the security cameras on missions. You’re a thing of beauty, Jonah. All lethal grace and power that draws the eye. Even when you’re off mission, even when you’re wandering around whatever city or town you decide to spend your time in, you’re still fascinating. Captivating.”
“And do I?” Jonah couldn’t help but ask. He needed to know, burned to know for certain whether or not the fascination he felt was mutual. “Do I captivate you?”
“Completely,” Silas admitted quietly and with that sort of brutal honesty in his voice that Jonah adored.
From: Grayscale, Spectrum Book 1
Find Rebecca on-
Evernight Publisher: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/rebecca-brochu/