OYSTERS ROCKEFELLER (nature’s “viagra”)
2 slices bacon
· 24 unopened, fresh, live medium size oysters
· 1 1/2 cups cooked spinach
· 1/3 cup bread crumbs (garlic, plain, whatever)
· 1/4 cup chopped green onions
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 dash hot pepper sauce
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive
1 teaspoon anise flavored liqueur
- 4 cups kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Brown bacon in a large, deep skillet. Drain, crumble and set aside.
2. Clean the oysters and place in a large stockpot. Cover with enough water to cover oysters and bring to a full boil. Remove from heat, drain and allow oysters to cool. Break the top shell off each oyster.
3. Using a food processor, chop bacon, spinach, bread crumbs, green onions, and parsley. Add the salt, hot sauce, olive oil and liqueur. Process until finely chopped but not pureed, about 10 seconds.
4. Arrange the oysters in their half shells on a pan covered with kosher salt. Spoon some of the spinach mixture on each oyster. Bake 10 minutes until cooked through, then broil until lightly browned. Serve hot. Serves six depending upon your company!