Craving Erotic Romance...

is a group blog from several sassy erotic romance authors!

Find out about our latest releases, read scintillating interviews on Mondays, beat mid-week blahs with Hump Day Help Wednesdays, and see hot hunks on Fridays. Saturdays are "Open Mike" and full of surprises! And then, there's always our guests...!



Monday, May 8, 2017

Monday's Scintillating Interview!


Welcome to Craving Erotic Romance Blogspot.

Today we’re presenting Author: ER Harding
                                               
1)    Have you always wanted to be an author?
Yes, for as long as I can remember. I didn’t think I could actually do it, of course, but I wanted to.
2)    What genre(s) do you write?
My first novel, Manumission, is science fiction, because the story was already partly formed in my head, but I also rather like historical romances and contemporary crime, and I have other books to work on after the sequel to Manumission is out.
3)    Have you ever self published?
I did try it once, with an attempted fantasy novel, but I was new and naive, and didn’t realise that if no-one knows it’s out there, no-one will buy it. I pulled it off Amazon after a week or two, when I realised it wasn’t very good!
4)    Who or what inspired you to write your first book?
I’ve always read a huge amount, ever since I was very young. It was a natural progression, when I was made redundant, to start putting those nagging words down and see if they’d constitute a readable book. I’m still hoping it worked!
5)    How many hours in a day might you write?
Generally it varies. I always mean to put in a solid eight hours, but in practice I have to go shopping, do laundry and let my dogs in and out, so it’s usually nearer four hours a day. I just can’t work if the house is untidy though. It nags at me, so I often have to vacuum and tidy before I can really concentrate.
6)    Are you a plotter or a pantser?
I always mean to be a plotter, and I write quite complicated plotlines and even define my characters before I start a new book. Then I put the book away and forget everything I wrote, and fly by the seat of my pants. I think I must be both.
7)    Do you ever find yourself slipping away and becoming so immersed in your story it affects how you relate to others?
Oh yes, often. I can separate from the story easily enough, but I find that I’m constantly wondering what the character would do and asking the dog what she thinks. I’d probably seem a bit odd, but I try not to do it when there’s anyone else in the house.
8)    Are you in any of your books?
Absolutely not. Quite a few people that I know in real life are in it, but I don’t think I could put myself in a book; I’m far too dull.
9)    What do your friends and family have to say about you writing?
Mostly helpful things like, “Hurry up and get rich and famous,” or “Are you working? Do you mind if I just distract you for a minute?”
10) Please share an excerpt from your book that totally spoke to you when you put the words down on paper.
From: Manumission by ER Harding
She’d dressed entirely in orange and gold, and her face and hair were also heavily decorated with shimmering gold. Vito had excelled himself in the design of her outfit, and she’d spent an extraordinary amount of her savings on the deceptively simple accessories. Heads swivelled as they were seated at their table, and Susan thought she’d absolutely burst with pride.
The candlelight flickered in her huge orange eyes and gave her a bizarrely feral appearance, but her smile radiated happiness. Against his own judgement, Gabriel was at first astonished, and then genuinely entranced by her weird appearance.
They sat in the exclusive restaurant, overlooking the shimmer of the northern hemisphere of Earth far below, as other diners nudged each other discreetly, and Susan radiated contentment. She was aware of being watched, but was certain that the hiss of conversations that reached her were prompted by envy and admiration.
Gabriel was feeling particularly heartless in the face of her clear enjoyment, but the plan had been worked out months before, and shattering the pride of one Metaform employee was a negligible price to pay for the ultimate goal.
Two hours into the evening she was still having a wonderful time and knew she’d never forget it. ‘I still can’t believe I’m here. I’m breaking so many rules,’ she said happily.
Gabe winced sharply. ‘It’s my pleasure, believe me, Susan,’ he answered.
‘What’s the matter, Gabe?’ Susan asked in alarm.
‘My head. My head hurts. Sorry love, it’ll go in a minute.’ He pulled himself together and with a visible effort seemed to overcome the pain, and they continued to talk softly. Susan had noticed that Gabriel wasn’t drinking, but had decided not to comment.
After another ten minutes, Gabriel’s speech began to slur and he seemed to have trouble concentrating. Then he groaned softly, and winced again, rubbing his eyes with his hands. Gabriel’s water glass fell to the floor and a waiter strolled over and picked it up.
‘Is everything to sir’s satisfaction?’ he asked with casual malice.
Gabriel didn’t respond, holding his head in his hands. Only Susan could see that he was grinding the heels of his hands into his eyes, and his jaw was clenched hard.
‘Call an ambulance. Now!’ barked Susan. The waiter raised an eyebrow which suggested that an ambulance was a slightly excessive response to a mere drunken episode, but as Susan snarled the final word, he raised the other eyebrow and disappeared.
‘Gabe, the ambulance will be here soon. Hold on,’ she said gently.
‘I can’t feel my hands.’ Gabe looked up for a moment; his eyes were a bright, blood-filled red and tears of pain ran down his cheeks. Susan was horrified.
‘I can’t go to the EMF,’ he said indistinctly. ‘I have to go back to my clinic. They’ll know what to do. Susan, it’s important,’ he gripped her hand in desperation.
The ambulance arrived within a few minutes, and since it seemed to be a source of worry to Gabe, Susan demanded that they take him back to his father’s private clinic. The ambulance crew grumbled briefly, but gave in.
Susan was left behind, sitting alone amongst the ruins of her romantic dinner. Wearily, she collected her bag and a shimmering wrap and boarded the shuttle back to her home to await news of Gabriel’s condition.
Links

11) Which actor/character(s) would play the starring role?
12) For Gabriel, I’d like Chris Hemsworth, I think. For Meilinn, Eva Green of James Bond fame would be great. They’re both more beautiful than real life people, but that’s ok. Ultimately, Manumission is about what people will do to be, and stay, beautiful!
     












13) What’s next for you?
I’m finishing the sequel to Manumission now, and I’ve enjoyed it hugely, but afterwards, I’d like to go back and finish one of my other novels. I’ll wait and see which one shouts the loudest to me when I revisit them.

            Thanks for stopping by today! 
             
                  Find  ER:  

                  ER Harding’s website: https://erharding.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment