Craving Erotic Romance...

is a group blog from several sassy erotic romance authors!

Find out about our latest releases, read scintillating interviews on Mondays, beat mid-week blahs with Hump Day Help Wednesdays, and see hot hunks on Fridays. Saturdays are "Open Mike" and full of surprises! And then, there's always our guests...!



Monday, May 13, 2013

Victoria interviews the lovely and sexy Kate Belle!





I'm delighted to welcome Kate Belle to our blog today and have asked her a few questions about life, the universe, and everything writerly.


Welcome, Kate.



Hi Cravers, thanks for having me over at your lovely blog today. I’m relatively new to the erotic fiction world, so shall I tell you something about myself?

What’s your name and where do you come from?
I’m Kate Belle. I grew up in country Northern Victoria (we moved 7 times by the time I was 7), but have lived in Melbourne for over 20 years.

Tell us a bit about your latest release.
The Yearning is an erotic novel set in country Australia in the 1970’s. It’s a story about a teenage girl who lures her charismatic teacher into an affair with anonymous erotic love letters, the consequences of which affect them both in ways they never imagine.

If you couldn’t be an author, what would your ideal career be?
The ONLY other job I would choose would be to work with Aboriginal communities on social justice issues and reconciliation. It’s something I feel deeply passionate about.

Do you have a favourite character from your books? Why are they your favourite?
Too easy – Ramon Mendez from my Master of Love series. He’s handsome, charismatic and the world’s greatest lover. Just give me an hour with him and I’d die a happy woman.

What trait do you find the sexiest?
Confidence. All manner of other sexy things come from confidence. And long hair. But that’s not a trait is it?

How do you decide how hot or not your book is going to be?
I don’t. My muse does. He leans over my shoulder and whispers all the action into my ear. If I don’t write it the way he tells it he gets cross with me and leaves.

Is the stuff you write about from experience or mostly imagination?
Experience? I wish!!! Nope, all from a very active imagination. I think, in truth, everyone has a very rich fantasy life. The great thing about writing sexy stories is that you get to share and feed those fantasies in readers. What a great job!

What’s your idea of a perfect romantic evening?
It’s all about atmosphere. Sexy music, mood lighting, burning oils or incense, a glass of something very cold and bubbly, a warm summer breeze through the window, someone I can be cosy with. Gosh, it all sounds a bit complicated doesn’t it? No wonder it doesn’t happen very often.

Tell us something that might surprise our readers.
I’m a qualified astrologer. I studied it for four years here in Melbourne at the Chiron Centre. My very first published article was an abridged version of my ‘thesis’ study, which I did on one of the dark Goddesses, Lilith. She’s a speciality of mine.

 







It’s 1978 in a country town and a dreamy fifteen year old girl’s world is turned upside down by the arrival of the substitute English teacher. Solomon Andrews is beautiful, inspiring and she wants him like nothing else she’s wanted in her short life.

Charismatic and unconventional, Solomon easily wins the hearts and minds of his third form English class. He notices the attention of one girl, his new neighbour, who has taken to watching him from her upstairs window. He assumes it a harmless teenage crush, until the erotic love notes begin to arrive.

Solomon knows he must resist, but her sensual words stir him. He has longings of his own, although they have nothing to do with love, or so he believes. One afternoon, as he stands reading her latest offering in his driveway, she turns up unannounced. And what happens next will torment them forever – in ways neither can imagine.



For the complete first chapter follow this link: http://issuu.com/SimonSchusterAustralia/docs/the_yearning_by_kate_belle/1


Buy links:

Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/The-Yearning-ebook/dp/B00BSVMRC4)

iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/the-yearning/id576561492?mt=11)

Local independent bookshops: (http://www.truelocal.com.au/find/book-shop/)



Kate lives, writes and loves in Melbourne, juggling her strange, secret affairs with her male characters with her much loved partner and daughter, and a menagerie of neurotic pets. She holds a tertiary qualification in chemistry, half a diploma in naturopathy and a diploma in psychological astrology. Kate believes in living a passionate life and has ridden a camel through the Australian desert, fraternised with hippies in Nimbin, had a near birth experience and lived on nothing but porridge and a carrot for 3 days.

Blog/website: http://www.ecstasyfiles.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/katebelle.x

Twitter: @ecstasyfiles https://twitter.com/ecstasyfiles




2 comments:

  1. The book sounds fantastic! Nice to meet you Kate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to meet you Kate. All the best with your writing!

    ReplyDelete