Craving Erotic Romance...

is a group blog from several sassy erotic romance authors!

Find out about our latest releases, read scintillating interviews on Mondays, beat mid-week blahs with Hump Day Help Wednesdays, and see hot hunks on Fridays. Saturdays are "Open Mike" and full of surprises! And then, there's always our guests...!



Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday's Scintiallating Interview with Victoria Black

I was interviewed on the U.K. blog, Love Lust and Lipstick Stains, the other day. Here it is:

Welcome to Victoria who talks favourite characters, sexiest traits and working on a prawn trawler! 
 
What’s your name and where do you come from?
Hi, my name is Victoria Black, and I'm from Australia.

Tell us a bit about your latest release.
Heavenly Revenge is an erotic romantic fantasy. It's set on another planet, in an alternate reality, with a couple of sweet old angels thrown into the mixture. However, the two  main combatants are very human. Their relationship is built around the delicious revenge the hero exacts from his very pretty enemy.

If you couldn’t be an author, what would your ideal career be?
I used to think I wanted to be an actress. I tried for a while there, but couldn't remember my lines whenever the camera pointed at me. But I still have a very expressive voice. So, in addition to writing, which I love, I'm going to look into reading books for the Audio book market. I'd love it. I'd always have a script. No memory necessary.

Do you have a favourite character from your books? Why are they your favourite?
I think most female authors fall in love with their heroes, and I am no exception. King Andrejs from Heavenly Revenge is my favourite character. I love a forceful, alpha male hero like Andrejs. My heroine, Rose, (me, the way I'd like to be) has no trouble in wrapping her baffled, though valiantly arrogant, hero around her little finger. I love that soft, kind side to his nature that Rose brings out.

What trait do you find the sexiest?
I find a decisive man who knows his own mind very sexy. Perhaps because I'm the opposite – indecisive and emotional. Add in a large dollop of kindness, and you have my perfect man.

How do you decide how hot or not your book is going to be?
My plot idea, and the conflict between the couple, dictate how hot the book is going to be. If the book is based around sex, like it is in Heavenly Revenge, then it's easy – the story can be as hot as I want. The current short story I'm writing is aimed at a magazine, so I know it can't be too sexy. It has a sexy premise, involving a man and a naked lady in a bath, but I have to reign it in.

Is the stuff you write about from experience or mostly imagination?
Experience sometimes goes into parts of my hot scenes. Hey, I know what I like, okay? But everything else is all imagination.

What’s your idea of a perfect romantic evening?
My perfect romantic evening would be set on an exclusive Barrier Reef resort. After having snorkled all morning, relaxed at the bar around the swimming pool most of the afternoon, made love and snoozed during the rest of the afternoon, my romantic evening would involve a superb three course meal, with matching wines, in the resort's excellent  restaurant.

Tell us something that might surprise our readers.
I worked as a deck hand on a prawn trawler as one of the many jobs I've had in my life. I can't believe I used to pick up huge crabs and jellyfish and other revolting things and fling them over the side. My husband has to bait my hooks when we go fishing now, if we're using live bait.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Revenge can be cold and cruel.
When Rose dies before her time, two sweet, old angels send her on a mission to save another world. The angels worry she will be no match for the land's strong and handsome king. However Rose has learned a bitter lesson courtesy of her unfaithful and very ex boyfriend. She is strong too.
When the lovely Rose meets King Andrejs, she has a sweet battle on her hands. He believes she is an enemy spy who has learned a secret that may affect the outcome of the war raging between his kingdom and the land to the north. It is against Andrejs' code to hurt a woman.
As both he and Rose discover, revenge doesn't have to be cold or cruel. Revenge can be hot and very pleasurable indeed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Victoria Black lives in Queensland, Australia, with her husband, Darryl, and her very disobedient dog, Toby. When she’s not writing sexy romances, Victoria enjoys playing bridge and going to exercise classes (well, it’s the coffee with everyone afterward that she enjoys). Of an evening, she loves eating Darryl’s delicious dinner and drinking a matching wine. You’ll notice food usually makes an appearance in Victoria’s books!

Find out more about Victoria on her website and purchase Heavenly revenge here:  Secret Cravings, AmazonBarnes & Noble, Bookstrand and ARe.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine that you worked on a prawn boat. I couldn't even touch my own worms! I use tweezers when I fish!

    ReplyDelete