Craving Erotic Romance...

is a group blog from several sassy erotic romance authors!

Find out about our latest releases, read scintillating interviews on Mondays, beat mid-week blahs with Hump Day Help Wednesdays, and see hot hunks on Fridays. Saturdays are "Open Mike" and full of surprises! And then, there's always our guests...!



Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday's Scintillating Interview with CR Moss!



Welcome to Craving Erotic Romance Blogspot.

Today we’re presenting Author: C.R. Moss!
                                               
1) Have you always wanted to be an author?

For a very brief period of time, I had ideas of becoming a teacher or an astronaut. Both occurred before the age of ten. But for the most part, I knew I wanted to write at a young age, as early as I learned to read. I was always cooking up stories to entertain myself in the rural area I lived in. Had to since there were no other kids around to play with.
2) What genre(s) do you write?

I like to explore different genres. Keeps me open to whatever my characters want. Though under my C.R. name I mostly write erotic romance with paranormal aspects based in and around the Las Vegas, NV area. Under my Casey Moss name I focus on Horror and Urban Fantasy.
3)  Have you ever self published? 

Yes. I have two self-published books. Fate’s Deal by C.R. Moss and Tracked by Casey Moss.
4) Who or what inspired you to write your first book?

My defining moment came when I received an A in English in grade school. I was just shy of being a teenager when I had my ‘calling.’ Ever since then, most of my choices in life have revolved around my goal of becoming a full-time fiction writer and being published.
5) How many hours in a day might you write?

It all depends upon where I’m at with what I’m working on. I’ve as little as fifteen minutes in a day to working on a project up to twelve.

6) Are you a plotter or a pantser? 

A combination of the two. I do an information dump and outline as much of the story that’s in my head first thing. Then I work off the outline, fleshing out all the ideas and stuff. If I over plan, then sometimes I feel like the story’s already been written, and I end up not wanting to work on it for quite some time. I’d say I’m a combination of the two. When I have an idea for a story and my muse is chomping at the bit for me to write it, I’ll do what’s called an information dump where I’ll outline the story through brief descriptions of scenes or dialogue or a combination of them. It’s like a pre-first draft. Then I’ll work off that draft while keeping my mind open and being flexible to any changes that might crop up. To say that’s plotting just seems too rigid to me.
7) Do you ever find yourself slipping away and becoming so immersed in your story it affects how you relate to others?

Yeah. If I’m really into a story and lost in the world, my home and social life can be affected. Hubby starts wondering when I’ll come out of my office. And cleaning the house? Forget about it. LOL!

8) Are you in any of your books? 

I tend to throw in some RL now and then. In Journey Across Time there’s a beach scene where the heroine loses a shoe. That happened in real life…not the part that happens after the search for the shoe, but the loss and hunt. For the series, I modeled the house after one that I’d been enamored with and considered buying if it were ever to find itself on the market. Obviously, I never did make that particular real estate purchase in New Jersey since I live over two thousand miles away from it now, but I did the next best thing. I used it as the house in the series, though please note, I’ve taken artistic liberties with its architectural plans. ;) The house on the cover does resemble what it looks like in real life. The current series title pays homage to a river in NJ that I grew up near. And, yes, the cat (who is modeled after my own fur baby) plays a part in the stories.

9) What do your friends and family have to say about you writing? 

My family is happy I’m following my dreams, though my mom and one sister don’t really care for the sexual aspects. My friends are mainly writers so they’re cool.
10) Please share an excerpt from your book that totally spoke to you when you put the words down on paper.

She felt so alive, so connected to the earth and sky. It was as if she could touch the universe, feel the heat of the stars, burn hot and fast like the cosmic rays just by being with Ryan.
From: Wish Across Time by C.R. Moss 



Blurb

Raritan Manor Ranch, 3
A woman once shunned. A man now changed. There’s a thin line between love and hate.
When Wiccan practitioner Cassandra VanAlder encounters a man from her past who’d broken her heart, she casts some spells to help herself while wishing karma would deal out some payback. The spells turn against her, and before she knows it, she finds herself falling for him again.
Ryan Keene finds Cassandra enchanting and feels he’s met her somewhere before. She and her best friend, Debi, won’t give him any clues as to her identity. He loves challenges and doesn’t plan to back off from her until he finds the answers he seeks. He's told he has three dates to win her over.
Will she close off her heart or will she allow herself to feel again?

Excerpt (Adult)

Moments later, he jerked out and away from her, then pulled her up from the floor. In a quick turn, he spun and thrust her back against the wall. His mouth claimed hers with unapologetic force. He fumbled with the fastens of her jeans, then when they were undone, tugged the material down her legs.
“Commando, huh?” Not letting her answer, he positioned his head between her legs and swept his tongue over her pussy.
Fleeting imaginings of her family and friends coming home and being welcomed by the sight of her and Ryan fucking at the foot of the stairs danced through her mind. If it happened, so be it. Getting caught only added to the heightened state of arousal she was already in.
His tongue and fingers stroked her. Her heartbeat sped up, as did her breathing. He seemed to have mastered the technique of cunnilingus if the way her nerves caught fire and flamed up from her pussy to the rest of her body were any indication. She panted. She clasped his head, ready to feel an orgasm rip through her body.
He stopped, stood, and reached into his back pocket. He pulled out his wallet, and from it, the all too familiar foil packet. Ryan held it up. “Yes?”
“Yes.” She nodded as well to emphasize the point.
In a few quick motions, he had himself sheathed and pressed up against her body. “You are one sexy lady. Anyone ever tell you that?”
She bobbed her head again and guided his cock into her pussy.
“Put your legs around me,” he demanded.
Supported by the wall and his hands on her ass, she wrapped one leg then the other around him and found the position to be quite enjoyable. Ryan pumped into her as he kissed and sucked her shoulder. She rode him, feeling the sexual energy build between them.
Her ex had never been so passionate. In fact, their lovemaking had been so normal and ordinary he never would have considered taking her up against a wall, and especially not in a location where they could get caught. It was nice being with a man who exuded confidence and gave into desire, even if it was Ryan.

Buy Links


11) Which actor/character(s) would play the starring role? (you can insert pics or just names or both here)
You know what? I don’t know who’d play their parts. I keep looking at the models on the cover and thinking they’re perfect for the characters. I’d love to hear suggestions on actors and actresses.
Thanks for sharing with us today, C.R. Best of luck with your release.

Find C.R. Moss on

Romance Readers’ Conference in Las Vegas, NV! – HMK October 2015 - Come see C. Moss & other wonderful authors - http://www.hotmojaveknights.com

1 comment: