Craving Erotic Romance...

is a group blog from several sassy erotic romance authors!

Find out about our latest releases, read scintillating interviews on Mondays, beat mid-week blahs with Hump Day Help Wednesdays, and see hot hunks on Fridays. Saturdays are "Open Mike" and full of surprises! And then, there's always our guests...!



Monday, December 31, 2012

Monday's Scintillating Interview: Chloe Waits


Welcome to Craving Erotic Romance Blogspot.

Today we’re presenting one of our own authors, Chloe Waits.
                                               
1) Have you always wanted to be an author? 

Yes. I loved to read from the time I was little. I went to a school sale and they gave myself and some of my friends a bunch of free Harlequins when I was a teenager. I was hooked on romance after that and eventually moved on to bodice ripper historical romances. I loved Bertrice Small. She writes very steamy love scenes

2) What genre(s) do you write? 

I currently write contemporary and paranormal erotic romance

3)  Have you ever self published? 

No, I novellas with Phaze and Secret Cravings Publishing

4) Who or what inspired you to write your first book?  

My first real story was when I was twelve or thirteen and was in love with Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran. I handwrote 39 pages on lined foolscap paper about me interviewing Simon Le Bon for a school newspaper and him falling in love with me! I still have it. Very pg of course, but I do remember a line where I wrote: 'we kissed until our lips hurt'. A budding romance author for sure.

5) How many hours in a day might you write?

Uh, not enough. I work full time as a nurse, so I have to grab my moments when I can. I can write for hours given the chance and the inspiration.

6) Are you a plotter or a pantster? 

Sort of a pantser who would love to be a plotter! I usually have a half cooked idea at least when I sit down but rarely can I see the whole plot from the start. I start writing, and ideas will hit me, and it goes from there. Causes lots of rewriting and I don't recommend it but that's the way it is.

7) Do you ever find yourself slipping away and becoming so immersed in your  story it affects how you relate to others?

Well my husband says I obsess over my writing at times so I must! I go through periods of sitting at the computer all day and not realizing how much times has passed and getting a bit obsessive.

8) Are you in any of your books?

Hmm...pieces of me certainly. I blush a lot and I find I have always identified my characters blushing too when feeling heightened emotions because I do in real life. In Irish Magic, I have an Irish American character and that is in part from my own Irish Canadian roots. So, not me per se but maybe something I can identify with at times.

9) What do your friends and family have to say about you writing? 

LOL! Not many people know. If you haven't guessed, Chloe Waits is a pen name. My husband knows of course and is very supportive, and my mother knows. Yes, my mother is reading all the love scenes I write. She always wanted me to write and she supports me, although I think she wouldn't mind less heat.


10) Please share an excerpt from one of your books that totally spoke to you when you put the words down on paper.

I am going to pick an excerpt from my new release, Donovan's Blues. I have a blind hero, Donovan Strait, who is pure alpha male and hot as hell. I just love how he engages my heroine's senses in order to seduce her--all of her senses, with the exception of  sight; and this allows Donovan to position himself against men who are more superficial, and therefore less erotic and enticing. 

"Touch, like sound, is very powerful. It’s one of the most powerful senses.” Donovan traced his fingertips over Amanda’s wrist, over the pulse thrumming there.
“Are you excited Amanda?”
“Yes,” she whispered. In truth, she was very excited, more so than she could remember being by any man. Any remaining reservations vanished under his expert seduction.
“By me?”
He smiled, already knowing the answer. His voice dropped a few octaves. “You’re wondering what it would be like to be made love to by a man that knows things other men
don’t…who can see you with his hands. Who could touch you in ways other men cannot.”
Amanda didn’t answer. She drew shallow breaths as graphic images flitted through her mind. His grip tightened reflexively on her wrist. Sensual awareness flooded Amanda. Her heightened pulse, her uneven respirations told him everything he needed to know, and he read her like an open book, as though her body was braille.
“A lot of men are only interested in what they see in women. What they narrowly define as beauty. With one, lone sense. They don’t appreciate a woman’s voice. The way her breath quickens as her excitement grows. The scent of her arousal. The smell of her perfume when she’s gone. People are meant to be tactile. Do you know the softest part of a woman’s body? Most men would say her thighs. What about the inside of her wrist? The area behind her knee. The underside of her upper arm. The webbing between her fingers and toes…?”
Donovan raised Amanda’s hand, pressing her delicate wrist against his full lips as his fingers laced briefly with hers.
Her skin burned with his touch and sparks lit up along her spine.
“Her lips, the area behind the ear…”
His hand touched her hair, trailing over the earlobe underneath and moving behind the shell of her ear, to Amanda’s sigh. She swore the whorl of his thumb left an imprint on the tender area, scoring it with heat. 

11) Which actor/character(s) would play the starring role? 

I am actually seeing a young Mickey Rourke with longish hair and sunglasses, sexy, mysterious and charismatic; attractive but not classically good looking.


 







2 comments:

  1. Great interview and I love your exerpt. As soon as my hubbie sets up our new tablet I can't wait to read the whole thing!
    Lynn Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the interview, Chloe. Your book sounds great.

    ReplyDelete